Sunday, November 1, 2015

Put Your Best Face Forward- Ephesians 5:1-2 Imitators of Christ

Put Your Best Face Forward

Be Imitators of Christ

Ephesians 5:1-2

Ephesians 5:1-2 Therefore, be imitators of God, as beloved children, and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.

Everything about that Scripture verse speaks to me.  Be like Christ... as a beloved child of God... walk in love... just as Christ loved you and gave Himself up for you...
And this wonderful sacrifice was like a fragrant aroma drifting up to the nostrils of God.

I just love it.  I saw this wonderful Halloween craft on Red Ted Art, where they made little monsters and had games to see who could huff and puff and blow into the straw and make their monster travel the farthest.  So, that gave me this idea.

  I printed off pieces of paper with one side just a blank face that the kids could fill in and on the other side, our Scripture verse, Ephesians 5:1-2.  I collected large sturdy straws.

First, I cut out slips of paper just a little bit bigger than the straw and twirled it around the straw.  Cut the paper just a little larger, loosen it so that it won't "stick" when they kids are trying to blow into the straw and then hot glue it down.



 This was a fun craft and I think the kids enjoyed the message as well.  Put Your Best Face Forward... Be imitators of Christ!

Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment