Saturday, January 3, 2015

12-year-old Jesus Teaches in the Temple

My second Sunday School lesson is on how Jesus teaches in the temple.


I couldn't find a really good craft to use with this lesson, so I just pulled up a coloring page I found online at

http://www.biblekids.eu/new_testament/finding_in_the_temple/finding_in_the_temple_coloring/finding_of_jesus_in_the_temple_24.jpg


So, as well as talking about the lesson, the children will color this coloring page. 

Then, I plan for us to Pray in Color.  If you haven't already, google Sybil Macbeth and "Praying in Color" and watch her videos on how to pray in color.  The children love it.  I plan to take a dry erase board and we'll all take turns praying our prayers in color on the dry erase board.  At the end, I'll take a picture of the board and send it to each child via email.

As it says in Psalm 141:2, "May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice."

I envision our prayers going up to God like sweet incense that He loves smelling.  I can visualize God inhaling our prayers.  It is pleasing to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment