Monday, January 2, 2017

Advent Snowman Calendar

Advent Snowman Calendar Craft



This is a time-intensive craft on the part of the person putting everything together.  I put a lot of work into making the links, but you will still have to cut them all out.  A perfect craft for cutting out while you're watching TV in the evenings.  I wish I had taken pictures of the top of the snowman, but, alas, I did not.

The kids make paper rings and put them together with Dec. 1 at the bottom, leading all the way up to Christmas Day.  The intention is for the family to cut a paper loop off each day and read the Christmas Story day by day until Christmas Day.  Oh,... and to let you know... I put the Bible verses on the inside, and the dates on the outside, so you'll have to turn the paper over and print the dates on the other side of the paper.  Like I said... a little time-intensive, but if the families really do read each day, it's well worth it.

The first three rings are made of card stock, and I put those together.  I used fishing line for the hanger and attached masking tape at the end for the parents to attach them to the ceiling with the masking tape.  I turn the masking tape over to make tabs so you can pull the tape apart.  

















No comments:

Post a Comment