Monday, January 2, 2017

Gobble! Gobble! We're thankful for....

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!

Our Thanksgiving project, saying what we give thanks for!

I wish I knew how to put a pdf file on my blog, but, alas, I don't, so I will put jpeg files on here and hopefully you can click and drag them to your own personal photo album and use them.  The kids loved this craft. And... the adults did, too.

To make the feathers, I trimmed construction paper to the standard 8 x 10, so that it would fit in my printer and printed off several colors for the feathers.  I used red, orange, yellow, green and blue, but you can use any color you'd like.

If you have a desktop publishing software ( I use Print Shop), you can better size it to the size of the paper. I will include this at original size in case you'd like to use it, but can't re-size it.



I have pages for the round face, beak, and funny big eyes.  I used card stock to make the eyes, so they wouldn't be floppy.

When you're attaching the feathers, you'll make a loop with the top of the loop extending below the part that says "I'm thankful for...", so that you can attach it to the band and still see those words.

I put "I'm thankful for" on the bands, but I really didn't need that because the feathers say it, so I just covered the band up with the turkey's face and feathers.  Enjoy!

Add caption





No comments:

Post a Comment