Monday, January 2, 2017

Strong Like Samson!



This craft was a LOT of fun to do!  We read about the lesson and then made our own long Samson hair!  What fun is that!  I used card stock for the headband and then hot glued it together after sizing it on each child's head.  Then, I bought large black construction paper and cut it into strips, not cutting all the way so that there was a band at the top to make it easier to attach with the hot glue to the inside of the headband.  You can have the kids use a glue stick to glue the individual strips of long black construction paper to your headband, but I thought this would be easier and faster.

Have the kids decorate their headbands as they like.  We talked about the story of Samson and Delilah while they were decorating their headbands.  I include the headband template I used, but you'll need to cut extra card stock to fit around the child's head.




No comments:

Post a Comment